At Healthy Active Lifestyles Ltd. we are passionate about sharing our interest and love for the natural environment, outdoor adventure and PE & School Sport. Through high quality physical and outdoor education, existing social problems such as rising obesity rates and a reduction in time spent in local and national green areas we wish to challenge the 9 to 5 rut and encourage others to become active and ‘get outdoors’. In addition to overcoming social problems, the skills that our services can develop, such as team work, communication and leadership are valuable for all ages and beneficial in everyday life. We run our services with our slogan in mind “whatever the struggle, continue the climb”.
BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE OR ACTIVITY WITH US!
MEET THE TEAM
Director & Lead Instructor
BSc Outdoor Education with PE Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Primary)
Rugby, Handball, Environmental Education, and Mountain Walking.
PECO Schools – Freelance Instructor
BA Education Studies and Physical Education
Dodgeball, Football, and Gymnastics.
PECO Schools – Freelance Instructor
Level 3 Diploma in Sport Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership
Multi Skills and Sports, Football and Gymnastics.
Get Outdoors UK – Freelance Instructor
BSc Outdoor Education
Mountain Biking, Mountain Walking, Climbing.
If you have any questions or queries about any of our trips, walks, or activities we would be happy to help.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Healthy Active Lifestyles we ensure the highest standards of safety, professionalism and customer satisfaction are maintained when we provide our services.
We also provide:
- A consultative approach to create a tailor-made programme to suit your needs
- Competitive pricing
- Excellent knowledge of the subjects we delivery
- Environmentally friendly methods of operation
All of our instructors hold:
- National Governing Body awards relevant to activities delivered
- In date CRB/ DBS
- Current Child Safeguarding Certificate
- Public Liability insurance
- Accountable experience in working with children and adults of all ages and abilities
company aims, vision & values
To provide enjoyable, engaging and highly educational sport and outdoor education sessions in a safe setting, which encourage an appreciation of the natural environment and a commitment towards leading sustainable, healthy, active lifestyles.
Our vision is a community which leads healthy, active and environmentally friendly lifestyles for the good of both society and the natural world around us.
As a company we:
- Act with integrity and show respect
- Treat others how we would like to be treated ourselves
- Are passionate about the services we provide and the vision we encourage
- Celebrate success
- Want to be first to meet the needs of our customers and participants
Healthy Active Lifestyles limits the effect it has on the Earth by:
- Using recycled paper for our business cards
- Using email leaflets and flyers to reduce paper waste
- Using a 110% renewable energy powered web hosting server
- Company vehicle tax rated A <100g/km C02 emissions
- Encouraging its employees to eat locally sourced food, limit the amount of packaging used and make a conscious effort to recycle
We also support the work of other organisations which encourage health, sustainability and conservation such as:
- Meat Free Mondays
- Food for life
- Keep Britain Tidy and their Eco Schools initiative
- John Muir Trust
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust
- Woodland Trust
Health, Safety & Security
In the interests of safety and welfare, we ensure that all our instructors have:
- A valid and in date first aid certificate
- In date Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certification
- Attended a child safeguarding workshop
- We also ensure that our instructors are inducted and observed at regular intervals when working on behalf of Healthy Active Lifestyles Ltd
- They will only work within the remit of the valid certificates that they hold. For your piece of mind, all certification and registration details are available upon request
Please Note: For all our activities we provide risk assessments and method statements which can be sent two weeks prior to delivery of a session.
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN WORK WITH YOUR SCHOOL OR BOOK YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE